Outline of Cosmetology Program
Our academy does things a little bit different. The school’s curriculum combines a full spectrum of cutting-edge techniques, hands-on experience, real-life business skills and personal growth from the inside out that students need when starting their beauty careers.
We have partnered with L’Oreal Professionnel to train students on the best product line available, and the Summit Salon Business Center to learn the ins and outs of building a clientele, selling retail products and more. Students will work with experts, including Ron King, to master a wide range of skills:
- Hair Styling
- Facials and skincare
- Artificial nail techniques
- Manicures and pedicures
- Make-up application
- Hair Removal
- Eyelash Extensions
Upon completion of the cosmetology program, students are prepared to become, and succeed as licensed cosmetologists. They also will be armed with industry connections and the knowledge to work on photo shoots, runway shows, and with fashion designers and high-profile clients.
Salon Realities is our very own, unique cosmetology school program. It teaches students how to be successful in a salon, our program simulates a real salon environment by dividing the school into salon teams and challenging them with real-life situations they may encounter while working in a salon.
The teams compete against each other on a monthly basis, looking at the other teams as competitive salons they will encounter throughout their cosmetology career.
Positions on each team include:
Owner/Salon Manager (Academy Educator)
- Helps to facilitate the team
Student Salon Co-Managers (Academy students)
- Watches statistics and team totals
- Works with the front desk and helps the salon managers/owners
- Develops ideas for advertising and marketing initiatives
Student Council Member (Academy students)
- Provides encouragement and a voice for the student body
These roles will allow students to:
- Set up their academy salon, distribute work assignments, develop promotions, build a team environment and establish their own unique culture
- Gain work experience in managing people and working as a team
- Compete against other academy salons for best attendance, most clients, most revenue, most requests, and highest retail sales
- Compete in special competitions and fashion shows
- Support and encourage one another in accomplishing their goals
- Provide immediate feedback to school administration
- Track results and set goals